CAPIA Schedules Visits with California Legislators
- On: 03/13/2023 23:46:24
- In: News
The California Association of Public Insurance Adjusters held its first Legislative Conference February 28-March 1. Nearly 50 CAPIA members and supporters attended the successful event at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento across from the state capitol.The initial day featured three credit hours of continuing education for public adjusters and a briefing by lobbyist John Norwood, Esq. of Norwood Associates. He provided insight on how to prepare for meetings with legislators and their staff. Advice included best ways to convey the importance of public adjusting in the insurance claims process and offering CAPIA as a resource on issues involving property insurance matters.
The next morning, participants were supplied with packets including details about public adjusting, testimonials from insureds, and other materials to help legislators understand the profession. Appointments with representatives of leadership and the Senate Insurance Committee were as follows:
- Ron Reitz, SPPA met with James Barba, Policy Consultant for California Senate Leader Toni Atkins (seen in photo above)
- Daniel Solomon, John Cargile, Brandon Fratis, and Steve Solomon met with Hayley Fernandes, aide to Senator Roger W. Niello
- Robb Greenspan, SPPA, Jung Park and Isaac Park met with Rhiannon Ripley, aide to Senator Anthony J. Portantino
- Joel Gumbiner, Esq., and Bartlett Williams, Esq., met with Mike Sharif, aide to Senator Marie Alvarado-Gil
- Ron Reitz, SPPA, Denise Sze, Esq., Sydney Greenspan, Harold Dickens, and Jennifer Barrack met with Senator Janet Nguyen (Vice Chair of the Senate Insurance Committee) and her aide, Preston Romero
Additional visits promoting public adjusting with their respective state representatives took place by other conference attendees.
CAPIA thanks those participating in the legislative visits for contributing their time and expertise on behalf of all California public insurance adjusters.
Click here for conference photos.
Greenspan Adjusters International
Sawyer & Labar
The Morgan Law Group
Williams & Gumbiner